Monday, September 29, 2008

New House!





As the title suggests... I moved! About 50 feet from where I lived before but it's amazing the difference both Katie and I are feeling now. We spent two months in an apartment with no running water, no real kitchen (a hot plate that shocked us every chance it got...), bedrooms furnished only with beds (so we were living out of suitcases... as were cockroaches!)... just a really awful situation. We'd tried finding a new place with no luck at all, and had fully resigned ourselves to four more months of no water, no cooking and not feeling settled in. Luckily, our landlady is actually pretty awesome (just a bit flighty...) and offered us her newly-vacant one-bedroom apartments attached to her house, for the same rent we pay now. Hello running water (showers? washing dishes? COOKING?!), clean floors, a workable kitchen and a place to hang my clothes. I'm pretty much in heaven.



No comments: