Thursday, December 11, 2008

in which i make a list of the reasons i can't stay

Despite having spent one fifth of my waking hours on Monday (15 hours total, meaning 3 hours) waiting for buses... Despite being broker than I've ever been in my entire life... Despite missing my parents and my friends and my Leah more than I thought I would... Despite having strong cravings for real food (that I can afford; see Point #2)... Despite the miserable state of telecommunications (please, MTN, stop charging me for text messages you aren't even sending. Oh, and make your internet work more than one day a week, yeah?) and the difficulties in talking with anyone at home... Despite forgetting what a real shower feels like, and what it's like to have power most of the day... Despite all this... I have this nearly irrepressible urge to just stay.

52 days left? That's it? Are you kidding me?

No comments: